In my art, I strive to solve riddles encountered in life through painting rough, abstracted memories, then fine-tuning them with playful lines, adding depth and focus to the simplest of paintings. I am deeply connected to faith and nature in my artwork, you can look for spiritual themes in many of my pieces.
I have been an Austin artist since the winter of 2006 – painting away at Painting With a Twist since 2010 and organizing after school art clubs and workshops for elementary aged kids for the last several years. After earning my BFA in Studio Art from Oklahoma Baptist University in 2006, I met and married my husband and moved right into the fulfilling career of motherhood. When not in my home art studio, I now spend my time cultivating a love of exploration with my 2 small children and making coffee and kombucha with my husband,
I am versatile in many art forms, including murals for home and workplace and customizing art workshops for your people/space. I am currently accepting commissions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via my contact page.
I grew up in Overland Park and Olathe, KS, graduating from Olathe South High School where my art teacher, Pal Wright, was one of the best encourage-rs and critique-rs an aspiring art student could have. I then went on to attend Oklahoma Baptist University, again, with exactly the kind of professors an aspiring artist gal would need – graduating in 2006 with a BFA in Studio Art. Currently, I reside south of Austin, TX pursuing a full time career in art while raising a little family full time as well.
Awards and Shows
- 2002: Student Council Purchase Award; Olathe South High School, Olathe, KS
- 2002: Best Senior Artist Award; Olathe South High School, Olathe, KS
- 2005: Shawnee Little Theatre; Solo Show, Shawnee, OK
- 2006: Oklahoma Baptist University Art Department; Solo Senior Art Show, Shawnee, OK
- 2006: Outstanding Senior Artist Award; Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, OK
- 2007: Austin Visual Arts Association’s 30th Anniversary Exhibition; Juried Exhibition, Austin, TX
- 2007: Starbucks; Solo Show, Four Points store, Austin, TX
- 2007: Pecan Street Festival; Solo Booth in Interfaith Art & Music Festival Section, Austin, TX
- 2007: Epoch Coffee Shop; Solo Show, Austin, TX
- 2007: Flightpath Coffee Shop; Joint Show with Photographer Jennifer Crane, Austin, TX
- 2008: Starbucks; Solo Show, S. Lamar & Collier store, Austin, TX
- 2009: Fair Bean Coffee Shop; Solo Show, Austin, TX